16 February 2013

AMFAT Challenge: Progress Update

Here's the first piece of information that I'll post.  While this may not look all that impressive, it's important to consider that I don't have a whole lot to lose.  Also, I'm sure that I'm building muscle mass, which this graph doesn't tell the story of.  Overall, I'm super happy with the results.
I'll get some measurements next and post an update for those too.

Note I forgot to weight myself on the first day, but fortuneately, I had a measurement relatively close to get a starting point. To be conservative, I'll start with the red line, even though I know there is no way I lost any weight the week before the challenge...  So, I've gone from 181.5 to 177.5, which is a very noticeable 4 lbs, primarily off the waist.
Other than switching to Paleo, I would not say I have once tried to eat less than I normally do, if anything, I feel I'm eating more.  These same eating habits of non-paleo food, would have kept me at the same weight of approx 183 lbs.
All of last summer I tried "dieting" to get rid of the last few lbs, and while it did lose some, it was probably mostly water weight and I put it all back on in no time at all.  The old school techniques I used last summer was plain and simple calorie restriction/starvation.  That method also cost me valuable fitness on the bike and definately didn't help my overall health and well-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment