23 December 2010

Week 2 Master’s Swim

After swim #3, it’s still just as much fun as it was the first day, but new challenges are rapidly being put on me. It turns out my technique was really not all that good. Not that this is any big surprise, but the process of correcting is like going in reverse. It turns out I had modified my arm stroke to allow me to get a bigger breath of air, this was causing all kinds of mis-alignment problems and slowing me down. I do understand why I have to fix this, but the problem is that I now can’t breathe anywhere close to the volume of air was previously and on top of that if I mess up my body position I get a mouthful of water and have to delay a much needed breathe even longer. This puts me in an oxygen deficient very rapidly and my only option is to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment