02 December 2010

The Barefoot Revolution Begins

Picking up a copy of Christopher McDougall’s book “Born to Run” is the same thing as winning the lottery (and a big payout at that)! Maybe not a payout in real money, but who can put a price on your general health and well-being? The answers that Christopher discovers in Born to Run are so basic and fundamental that they are revolutionary! One of my biggest pet-peeves in life is believing something that is not true, and after reading this book, thinking about the biomechanics of the human foot, and doing 5 minutes of experimenting, I have no doubt that walking and running barefoot is how we were designed! I now compare wearing shoes as we know them to drinking Mercury as medicine, both were considered true at one time and both are now known to be bad for you! I highly recommend picking up a paper copy, or an electronic copy, which is really how I “read” the book, (when I say read, I really mean I listened to the book…) The book tells a tale of a real life adventure to remote parts of the world on a journey to discover the truth, and along the way Christopher meets some really interesting people and most importantly discovers the truth and makes life better for anyone who decides to embrace the most fundamental truth of his discovery!
Summary of my new now known truth: Running Shoes = coffins for your feet = drinking Mercury as medicine
Side note Rant:

It angers me to think that companies like Nike and Addidas have known this for years and have conspired to not only bury the truth, but continued to develop products they know are not healthy for human beings. It angers me even more that now that the truth is going mainstream they continue their conspiracy by leveraging marketing power over publications like Runner’s World…

OK, moving on,
THE REVOLUTION BEGINS: DAY 1 – Going to buy some Vibram fivefingers
Amazingly Redman's Shoes in Kearney, NE had the fivefingers in stock,  I drove over afterwork and picked up a pair of KSO's and a couple pair of Injinji socks.  Obviously, wore them for the rest of the night. Looking forward to giving them a test spin.




 Injinji Socks - Of course they have toes, how else would they fit in the fivefingers?

No comments:

Post a Comment