19 April 2013

PIB AMFAT Challenge: Week 7

So the indoor triathlon is over, and I'm sort of in a post event depressed mode.  Need to refocus on my next event, I have lots planned, I'm just feeling a bit out of sorts right now. 
The Crossfit Games Open starts next week, it's going to be really awesome, but hard to really think of it as a training goal.  It's one WOD per week for 5 weeks and I really can't treat it much different than just another workout.  So that's really not motivating me.  I need to be cycling, but the weather stinks and I've lost so much bodyfat it feels even colder out!  I need to review Rule #5, but I'm just not feeling that hardcore to do so.

One super cool thing happened this week though, and that is during swim practice we've started working on other swim strokes besides freestyle today we practiced BUTTERFLY!  Last year, I could not even make a reasonable attempt at this stroke as it takes a lot of energy and core power, just to do something that resembles the stroke.  Today, I swam a full 50m of something that looked and felt like the fly, it was like a mini-WOD in BEAST mode. I can only give Crossfit and PIB credit for having the energy, strength, and power to accomplish this! 
Definately a highlight for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment