20 April 2013

AMFAT Challenge Week 10 and Week 11

I'm clumping these two weeks together because this is the timeframe where things didn't go so well.  Just like in the movies, where the hero has to be down on his luck and have reached the bottom before he can rise up to the challenge and succeed.   Well, this was that dark time period for me...

As the Crossfit Open continued on, I never felt I performed as good as 13.1, in fact everything was off, I was tired, and in the back of mind mind I knew something was wrong...  I ended up trying to catch up on a few other things in week 10 and in doing so I stayed up later than usual, and because I was tired I skipped a few workouts, not to mention that the weather outside has not been cooperating at all... 

Week 11 is when things really got bad, after running myself down for the past week I ended up sick over the weekend...  SICK ??!!!  WTF?  I'm Indestructable!  How can this happen?  I wasn't super sick, but my nose ran constantly and my energy levels were depleted.   I din't miss any work and after 2 days I started feeling better everyday, but it was Wednesday before I got back to the Box for a WOD, not to mention I hadn't swam, biked, or ran since Saturday... 

Being sick for awhile, I had a lot of time to think about what might be going on and really I just couldn't place it what was happening?  I had pretty much decided I was overtrained and then next week the tide changed and major breakthrough's were discovered!!!   So hurry up and get to my next blog to continue the next dramatic installment of My Paleo Lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment