27 January 2013

Week 1: Paleo In A Box AMFAT Challenge

The PIB system is set up as modules that arrive every 3 days and it takes about 6 weeks to complete the whole program.  It seems a bit slow waiting for the modules to arrive, but this is by design.  If they just dumped on the information on you at once, you would have no idea where to start and would fail.  That would be bad, so each module gives you the theory and then the practical.  The changes they ask you to do, seem simple on the surface, but really take some effort to properly put into place.  Not hard, it's just that you have to actually do it!

The purpose of this blog is to capture my progress in this adventure, and since I'm now catching up on a backlog of blogging, I can tell you straight out that that the system is going to deliver and I'm seeing results already!  But I'm getting ahead of myself, back to week 1.

First things I had to do was take pictures of myself.  That's a fun one for sure, even though I really only have around 10 lbs of fat to lose, I still wish I had the ripped out abs of an underwear model.  OK, so pictures done, sorry, but not going to post them here.  Next, I had to benchmark several Crossfit workouts.  Keep in mind this is a performance oriented program, not just a diet (actually it's way more than either of these, as overall health is the main benefit, but this will become more obvious in future posts.)

The benchmark workouts are:
FRAN 8:08 (and I have to use a band for pull-ups due to my shoulder tear)
Death By Burpees: 15
Fight Gone Bad: 305

Additionally, I had to take a bunch of measurements, waist, hips, arms, legs, etc...  Perhaps at the end of the challenge, I'll post the before and after pics and dimensions...

One of the biggest things I had to do this week was clean out all the processed toxic crap from my cabinets and fridge!  Knowing how bad this stuff is for you, I felt guilty for even giving it away, but unless you have the insigt and motivation that I now have, this was regular food approved by the government as healthy for you!

It's hard to say that anything is really happening in just a few days, so from a performance and weight loss standpoint, I'd have to say I'm the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment