15 February 2009

Leadville 100 Mile Mountain Bike Race

In early January 2009, I once again thought it would be a great idea to sign up for the Leadville 100 MTB Race. In all honesty I wasn't even really that excited to get in when I filled out the application, and since it really was a longshot to get into the race anyway, I thought why not if I get in: that will be great I coule really use some motivation to get back in shape, and if I didn't get in: then no big deal, (I was really already on track to get back into shape from the MMA training I had started a few months earlier). So I mailed the application.

Well by the time early February rolled around, I had changed my mind completely and had high hopes and desperately wanted to do this race, this race would revolutionize me, I would train, I would eat right, it would be the final stamp of motivation that I needed!

So as most people know who sign up for the Leadville 100: I didn't get in. Rejected for the second time now, but... hey look at that: Carmichael Training Systems is offering free entry into the race if you enroll in their Leadville Camp. (When I say free, I really mean "free" as the camp isn't exactly free). Knowing the 40 spots CTS had would fill up fast, I called them within 10 minutes of reading the letter and signed up! Wow I can't beleive it. I am doing the Leadville 100 this year!

Holy Crap! I'm doing the Leadville 100 this year! ...and its only 6 months away! I'm still 30 lbs overweight (from what I used to race at) and I'm in terrible cycling shape, how am I going to get ready...?

No comments:

Post a Comment