22 February 2009

Gear, It Lasts Forever Right?

So I'm reading the list of gear that I need to bring with me for the Leadville camp in June, (here's the list):

Things to Bring
Items to pack for any of our camps:
Mountain Bike Clean, tuned and ready to ride (bring the bike you plan to race)
Gearing Your bike should be equipped with a triple in the front, and a 12-32 or 12-
34 cassette. Unless you’re a singlespeeder (gear ratio of 1.8:1 or less)
Helmet
Jerseys at least 4 (2 short and or 2 long sleeve)
Shorts at least 4 pair
Leg or knee warmers 2 pair
Wind Vest
Wind Jacket
Baselayer 2 lightweight
Rain Jacket
Arm Warmers 2 pair
Socks (regular cycling and wool cycling 3 pair of each)
Cycling gloves Long finger
Cycling Shoes/pedals (carry these with you if traveling by plane)
Eyewear/sunglasses
Camelbak or other hydration system
Chamois cream
Small tote or backpack for anything you wish to keep in support vehicles.
Sunscreen Very important as most of the camp will take place above 9000 feet
Toiletries for clean up between rides.
Items to add for any Colorado camp.
Light jacket
Medium weight jacket
Long finger cold weather gloves
Beanie/helmet liner
Shoe covers/booties
Bottles/mix/food


The better part of this list I do have, but a few things caught my attention:

4 jersey's, well that's actually a problem because I sold off all my team clothes when I left Peoria, Il. So I'll need some jerseys.

Then I got to thinking about what I had for cycling shorts, going to need 4 of those also, turns out I only have 3 pair and 2 of them have holes in them... so I'll need more shorts,

What else? yep I got a helmet -it's new but wait it was a team issue back in Peoria, wrong color, tiny vents and... darn it "I hate that thing" so I need a new helmet.

Next: Wind Vest, yep, no wait nope, sold that because it was a LeMond, sold all LeMond stuff when that idiot accused Lance of doping... guess I'll need one of those too..

OK no more looking at the list today, next thing I know I'm going to need a new bike... Oh great... I'm not even going to deal with that reality today...

No comments:

Post a Comment