20 February 2009

I've got it! I Need a Training Plan.

OK, I know what to do, I'll have CTS write me up a 6 month schedule and then I'll follow it and be on track to do the right training for the race. yeah, that's it. simple enough...

I thought this would be a good plan as I trained with CTS in 2005 and while I had a pretty expensive package back then, I really wasn't committed to spending that kind of money today, so I asked CTS if they would just make me a generalized 6 month schedule to follow. I was will to pay a consulting fee and I thought it sounded like a good idea.

Sometimes I am really just not that bright: I'm really not sure how I even got past the salesman to the Coach with this idea. Within 5 minutes of talking to the Coach I realized he wasn't going to write me a 6 month plan. He did however turn out to be a really good salesman, not because he was a salesman, but because he was telling me how it was and sometimes I recognize good advice when it's presented to me...
Even if he made me a 6 month plan (which he wouldn't do no how no way) I was setting myself up for certain failure. What I needed was a real coach, and a real coaching program, not a generic outline of a plan. Fortuneately I didn't have to pay the consulting fee, for him to sell me on signing up for a coaching program.

So now I'm an official CTS athlete again!

No comments:

Post a Comment