27 December 2012

Too busy to blog?

This summer was a blurr, I don't recall doing anything but riding and racing. Great for fitness and fun, but not for my badly neglected blog.  Last post I made was done while I was on vacation.  Guess what I'm on vacation again!

So many stories and things I would like to blog about, but due to time at the moment, I'm going to give as super short highlight of a few events:

  • Finished my 3rd Leadville 100 MTB race in 10:31.  20 minutes faster than last year, but lots slower than I felt I could have done.  I still feel I could have done sub-10hrs, but due to some poor training decisions 2 weeks earlier, I just wasn't ready for race day...

  • Raced the Alpine Odyssey 100k Leadville Qualifier, had a good day on the bike and best of all, I QUALIFIED for the 2013 Leadville 100 MTB !!!!!!!   This is awesome, next year I can focus on local races and getting upgraded.

  • I also decided I was finally ready to train all winter!  This seems like an elementary concept, but actually doing over the course of a winter has always defeated me.  As I write this (27 Dec), I have been doing very well and keeping the hours up and getting lots of base miles in!

  • Another key thing to do over the winter months is start a lifting program.  I joined our local Crossfit Affiliate: Crossfit Heartland, right here in Grand Island, NE.  Awesome program and wow am I getting strong and rebuilding all the weak areas/imbalances the bike creates!

So that's pretty much sums up the past few months, which will have to be the transition into my recent undertaking:  The Rapha Festive 500km Challenge  #festive500

No comments:

Post a Comment