22 August 2013

Race Totals

Over the past few weeks, I have compiled a list of the races I've done since my first race in 1997. Depending on who you are it's possibly a staggering number, or just a "oh not bad" sort of number.   As of now, the total fitness event number is 104.  104 includes 11 non cycling or competitive but not cycling events.  Competitive non cycling events includes 5k's , Tri's, Crossfit, and if I ever do any swim only events those too.  Noncompetitive cycling events include Tours and the CTS camp. 

With that said this means I am keeping tabs on 2 totals, the other is cycling races, which includes mtb, road, CX, and gravel events, and that total is 93.  There's a fair chance I can make it to 100 yet this year, depends a bit on motivation and the weather.  There won't be any big party or anything like that when I make it to 100, but definitely a cool number to keep track of, and continue to keep it going up!

All this compiling of race data was motivated by an expected need for a racing resume.  I definitely am not going to get any sponsors based on my finishes, but lots of companies these days are looking for product ambassador's, which is a publicity type sponsorship and that's what I'll be going after. 

The few people that used to follow my old blog in 01-03 may remember I had a grass roots sponsorhip from Active.com.  Today's ambassador programs are pretty much the same thing.   I will note, that I will be very selective on which companies I'll apply too, if I don't believe in the products, I won't apply.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment