25 May 2009

Potter's Pasture

Mountain biking in central Nebraska. I know what your thinking: "gravel road ride, or just riding a mountain bike around town". That's normally what I would have said mountainbiking in central Nebraska is, but now there is Potter's Pasture about 6 miles South of the Brady Exit off I-80.
I'm not going to say this place is perfect and is a haven of blissful singletrack, because well it's not, but it could be. This place has so much potential it's just screaming for attention, and that's really all it needs. So here's my summary of my first trip to Potter's Pasture and my review of it's current condition and thought's on future potential.

Click here to my 705 Data on Garmin Connect



This is an overlay of where I rode on top of the trail map.

3D view (using Google Earth) with labels of trouble spots
This first picture is a nice blissful view from the top of one of the hills, my point being is that its not flat around here and there are lots of trees!
This picture shows some single track, edging along the side of a hill.
This picture is the taken from campground/parking lot/trailhead alley.
Check out this big guy! I was really hoping it would be a rattler when I saw him on the road, but no such luck, still pretty cool. Notice I took the picture from behind him, that way I figured I could get closer without the risk of getting bit

No comments:

Post a Comment